Legal Internship | SAS India
The Animal Cruelty was introduced to the Legal System of almost every country across the globe due to the continuous increase in the cases. Every place has now its own animal welfare acts and associated punishments for the betterment of the lives of animals. These acts clearly describe guidelines, rights and restrictions on different matters relating to animal torture and to punish them for indulging into unlawful activities. Importance of law can be understood by the need of creating them. Because some people somehow show that for them no creature is more important than their money, luxury, dignity, and entertainment. For such people, enforcing strict laws and making them realize the wrongness in their deeds becomes very important. Like any other crime, animal cruelty has to be treated as a crime against animals and the guilty must be punished by the law for the same. There is however, much more that should be revisited in the laws so that idea of animal cruelty as a heinous and disgusting crime can come out, loud and clear. Legal Associates play a very vital role in any organization to streamline the process and deal with such cases. Join the SAS Legal Panel team and be a part of the cause. Below are the Internship details:
- Research on case laws pertaining to landmark judgments on Animal Welfare.
- Maintain/Update master sheet of landmark judgments on Animal Welfare cases.
- Discuss on pending cases/PIL’s with SAS Legal Panel where SAS can help and share inputs to align objectives with other NGOs having similar goals and objectives.
- High profile animal welfare cases to be attended by the intern and observations to be shared in writing with the SAS Legal Panel.
- Such cases to be followed and orders, if useful for SAS, to be shared with SAS Legal Panel.
- Pilot projects will be given to interns and performance will be determined.
- Content writing (legal) with respect to current affairs and scenarios.
- SAS leaders to do a weekly/monthly/quarterly meeting on the policies with the legal team.
- Agenda of the meeting to be prepared by the intern.
- Minutes to be updated and maintained for records.
- Minutes to be published digitally to the meeting attendants.
- A certificate will be provided at the end of successful internship.
- Period of internship will be 12 weeks.
- Internship will be terminated if intern found violating the policies of SAS.